Sunday, May 16, 2010

Just in the nick of time - Vogue 2770 jacket is finished!

Stop the presses!  The Sewing Lawyer has finished a fully-lined, long-sleeved wool jacket, just in time for ... summer.  I do it every year, it seems.  Today, the sun is shining and it is a beautiful 21 degrees (Celsius) so my jacket is truly unseasonable.  Plus, it's black and several shades of brown and cream.  Hmm.  Not really summery at all.

On the plus side, it fits me really well!  All that pattern adjustment really paid off.


And the shoulder shaping seems just right to me.  Look how nice and square they are, but not extended at all. 
I especially like how it fits at the neck and around the armscye.  Narrowing the front at the shoulder level really worked!

Only one slightly negative note - this jacket has very narrow sleeves.  The high armscye is wonderful and the shoulder fits very well, but wearing anything with sleeves under this jacket will feel a bit constricting.  It is truly designed for that cute little top.  

I guess I should try to remember how well this pattern fits - I could use it to develop other styles... 

Before I move on to the next season, I'm going to finish a coordinating skirt.  Up after that?  My very special dress.

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! You can be sew proud of your sewing accomplishments!!!
    Looking forward to seeing your special dress--in person, eh!! ;)
    Soft hug,
    Rhonda in MONTREAL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just perfect! It fits so beautifully. Your jackets are so inspirational. Now how about a white dress with black piping to wear with it in summer? On the cooler days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning jacket and proportioned well. Something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Kay! You always do such great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. It's perfect for your shape and the fit is just exquisite. brava!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique Kay ! Je t'envie d'avoir le temps de terminer des vêtements. Le look est génial et il est si bien confectionné. Bravo madame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks fabulous - the shoulders look really well done, and the neckline is a great fit too. And the waist, and well everything really!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kay, the fit is wonderful. I especially like the shoulder width you achieved with your adjustments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This jacket looks great on you in fact it is just the kind of jacket I like wearing myself. The fit looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a gorgeous jacket. It looks absolutely beautiful on you. What a great fit!

    ReplyDelete