Tuesday, June 22, 2010

PatternReview Weekend in Montreal

Two days after and I'm still tired!  Meeting 50 or so other sewists, most of whom were strangers before the weekend, and spending two intense days with them was kind of overwhelming, in a very good way.  The organizing of it was somewhat tricky, but my part was nothing compared to the burden Anne-Marie (Mahler on PatternReview) took on so masterfully.  She should put this event on her resumé!  It all came off without a serious hitch, and judging from the comments afterwards, a good time was had by all. 

Deepika (owner of PR, for the uninitiated) has posted a very good account.  There are even some pictures of me in her post. 

Let's see ... I hardly know what else to add.  I was very undisciplined in the fabric-purchasing department.  Must do penance ... where's my hair shirt?  I must have some suitable fabric to make one in my extensive stash.  Seriously, the biggest problems with my burgeoning stash are (a) shortage of storage space and (b) shortage of time to sew it up.  I'm not confessing the details, except to say that I will never again lack for great exercise wear (assuming it gets out of flat folds, that is).  And I did buy two lovely pieces of wool to coordinate with two dress-lengths, which was a goal of mine for the day. 

6 comments:

  1. Mmm, your bag does look pretty full (photo in front of the bus). Looking forward to seeing some of it made into garments :) Looks like you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if you aren't admitting the total, I won't out you! It was a great weekend, and yes Anne-Marie should add it to her resume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitly an amazing job done by all! Congrats and Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some picture of you in the PR fashion show. I liked your dress the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the review on PR and it sounded like everyone had a great time! I just read your post re: the cocktail dress --- such a beautifully made garment, as usual. The fit is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I follow you periodically and I find your work is amazing! I miss the days where that's all I did was sew constantly. You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete